Pages

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Illness


I absolutely hate being ill, especially when it is just a cold. People assume it is nothing and so have no sympathy for you when you just want to lie in bed and yet would much rather do that than anything else.

As you can probably guess I have been ill for the past couple of days - weekends are a horrible time to be ill - but I have been thinking about how to get over the cold/how to make the most of the time you spend doing nothing.




This seems like a really weird thing to recommend but I am recommending Lemsip cold and flu tablets, especially the ones that come with both day and night capsules. I took these for a couple of days and almost instantly felt better and I love the fact that they acknowledge the fact that you don't particularly want to be taking capsules that contain caffeine at night.




I also tend to read a lot, I have been getting a bit behind with my too be read pile but I enjoy reading when I'm ill, although it does tend to be books I've already read so that I don't have to concentrate too hard.


I also have been listening to this delightful cover of Hozier's 'Take Me To Church' by Ed Sheeran on repeat today and it definitely makes me feel better. I stick by the motto that good music is the secret to a good soul!


Charlotte
X




No comments:

Post a Comment