Pages

Saturday 11 October 2014

Music Review: 5 Seconds Of Summer - 5 Seconds of Summer


When 5SOS released their new single last night at 9PM and I watched it several times even though my internet was supposed to be off (good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught) I realised that I should probably reveal my love of them to you. And what better way than through a review of their debut album.

If you didn't know 5SOS is short for 5 Seconds of Summer a group of four Australian boys who claim to be punk rock. Their self-titled debut album reached number two in the UK album charts and I love it if for no other reason than the packaging I mean... look!




With the gorgeous packaging aside I have to admit that the songs - although brilliant - are perhaps more mainstream pop than the majority of the fandom had been hoping for. That's not to say that I don't love them all - I've had 18 stuck in my head for days - it just means that fans are worried about the band being labelled as a boy band. Yes, they're boys. Yes, they're in a band. But they play their own instruments, fail miserably when they try to dance and their latest music video should dispel any 12 year old fans.






I love 5SOS and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Even if you're not a giant fan I suggest you buy the album (I have the deluxe but it's not that different from the original) if for no other reason than the design and the fact that it contains a song for every occasion. Want to have a good cry, listen to BEside You. Want to dance like a maniac, try English Love Affair or Heartbreak Girl. The point is I love this album for a reason, and I want you to listen and see why.

Charlotte
X

Ps. Sorry for the yellow tint to the photos, it must have been the lighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment